Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Update and Overview

O God, by whom the meek are guided in judgment, and light rises up in darkness for the godly: Grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what you would have us to do, that the Spirit of wisdom may save us from all false choices, and that in your light we may see light, and in your straight path may not stumble; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Summer Update:

For those who have been asking, here is the run-down on my summer plans:
1) 2 Weeks at Eastern Mennonite University( www.emu.edu/spi/) I will be participating in the Summer Peacebuilding Institute and will be taking classes in peacemaking and reconciliation. This will be an incredible opportunity to gain some real skills in Christian peacemaking that will be invaluable for future work in the Middle East.

2) 2 Weeks in the Middle East?? I am still praying and waiting to hear about an invitation to go to this summer's Global Anglican Future conference in Jerusalem and Jordan.

3) 1 Month at Mepkin Abbey. This is a trappist monastery that is an offshoot from Gethsemane where Thomas Merton was in KY. I will fully participate in the monastic life here, including rising for 3:30AM prayers! I am hoping that this will be a "desert" experience of seeking God and his calling and direction on my life. I am hoping to really grow in prayer and in silence. As I consider establishing a monastic-esque community in the Middle East, this will a chance to learn from the Great Tradition of monasticism.

4) Several weeks in NC with my family. This is also very important! Rest and time with the fam. will be great.

Prayer Requests:

-A Mennonite mentor. I am hoping to meet someone at EMU with whom I can maintain a long relationship. Currently I have no peace mentors, someone who can really guide me in the tradition of peacemaking. My path is often misunderstood by those within Anglican denominational home and so I need a mentor in this area who does understand.
-Invitation to GAFCON. I am still praying that I will be able to go back to the ME this summer.
-That this summer would be a time of growing in prayer, the Holy Spirit and the Lord. That he would guide my steps, day by day.

Thanks for reading and for praying! I desperately need it always!



1 comment:

Emily said...

yay, jonathan kindberg!
i like that prayer. is it from a book?
hope your summer is starting out so wonderfully, friend. i'm excited to hear how it goes!
emily goldberg